MEGAYACHT NEWS READER SURVEY
Megayacht News enjoys strong, continuous growth year after year. It conducts independently tabulated reader surveys on a yearly basis to ensure it is delivering the right information at the right time. Few other yachting media, whether Web-only companies or both print and Web, take this approach.
The latest reader survey, conducted in August 2013, reveals several impressive facts. For the sixth year in a row, readers overwhelmingly rate Megayacht News higher than other websites in terms of quality, originality, and timeliness of content:
- 63 percent of readers have been loyal visitors for two years or longer, with 21 percent of them reading since day one
- 48 percent have contacted a yacht builder, designer, or other firm or plan to do so as a result of reading an article on Megayacht News
- 87 percent would recommend the site to a friend, with 61 percent of them saying they are very likely to do so
- 92 percent rate the site’s content as being rewarding, with 58 percent being highly satisfied
- 95 percent plan to continue visiting the site regularly, with 80 percent of them saying they are very likely to do so
MEGAYACHT NEWS MONTHLY NEWSLETTER READERSHIP
Each month, since early 2007, Megayacht News has been producing an email newsletter (see image at right) with additional original content not found on the website. Sent to readers on an opt-in basis, it enjoys unprecedented success*:
- 45 percent open rate; by comparison, the average publishing-oriented email newsletter has a 19 percent open rate
- 23 percent click-through rate (recipients who clicked from the newsletter to website links for builders, designers, etc. contained within it); the average media-oriented email newsletter has the same rate
- even the average marketing/PR newsletter cannot match the Megayacht News statistics: Their newsletters garner just 15 percent open rates and 12 percent click-throughs
Due to our far higher-than-average results, Constant Contact has named us as a Constant Contact All-Star for three consecutive years. All Star status is granted to less than 10 percent of the 500,000 small businesses using its services.
* source: Constant Contact, September 2013