MEGAYACHT NEWS READER SURVEY
Megayacht News enjoys strong, continuous growth year after year. It conducts independently tabulated reader surveys on a yearly basis to ensure it is delivering the right information at the right time. Few other yachting media, whether Web-only companies or both print and Web, take this approach.
The latest reader survey, conducted in August 2014, reveals several impressive facts. For the sixth year in a row, readers overwhelmingly rate Megayacht News higher than other websites in terms of quality, originality, and timeliness of content:
- 53 percent of readers have been loyal visitors for three years or longer, with 21 percent of them reading since day one
- 44 percent have contacted a yacht builder, designer, or other firm as a result of reading an article on MegayachtNews.com, with an additional 11 percent planning to do so
- 88 percent would recommend the site to a friend, with 59 percent of them saying they are very likely to do so
- 93 percent plan to continue visiting the site regularly, with 78 percent of them saying they are very likely to do so
MEGAYACHT NEWS MONTHLY NEWSLETTER READERSHIP
Each month, MegayachtNews.com produces an email newsletter (see image) with additional original content not found on the website. Sent to readers on an opt-in basis, it enjoys unprecedented success*:
- more than 1,000 subscribers
- 42 percent open rate over the past year; by comparison, the average publishing-oriented email newsletter has an 18 percent open rate
- an overall 39 percent open rate since the first newsletter was sent in 2007
Due to our far higher-than-average results, Constant Contact has named us as a Constant Contact All-Star for three consecutive years. All Star status is granted to less than 10 percent of the 500,000 small businesses using its services.
* source: Constant Contact, September 2014