Last Updated: December 18, 2020
MegayachtNews.com is a website with a URL located at https://megayachtnews.com (referred to as the “Website”), which is owned and operated by RedHedInk LLC (“RedHedInk”), a company registered in the State of New Jersey in the United States.
Personal Information We Collect
MegayachtNews.com collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experience from our products and services. In this section, we explain what personal information we collect about you and how we collect it.
Information You Provide
You can use many of our Services without actively submitting any information about yourself, but you may choose to provide us with personal information through the Services. In particular:
- If you create a user account with MegayachtNews.com
- If you subscribe to our email newsletter list
- If you register for an event
- If you inquire about a newsletter subscription
- If you contact us for support.
Some of our articles contain links to a contact form. Our contact form requests you enter your name, email address, phone number, and the company or topic for which you would like additional information. We keep contact form submissions for two (2) years for customer service purposes and, if requested by you, to put you in direct contact with a company’s sales representatives. We do not use the information submitted through our contact forms for our own marketing purposes.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access our Services online, for example by visiting our Website, we automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the time of your visit and the pages or content you viewed. We also receive and collect technical information about your device and software, including the type of device, operating system and version, mobile network information, IP address (a unique number used to identify a device on the internet), the page you visited before visiting our Website, and crash data.
If you leave a comment on our Website, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one (1) year.
If you have an account and you log into our Website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two (2) days, and screen options cookies last for one (1) year. If you select the “Remember Me” option, your login will persist for two (2) weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
The Services may give you the option to share with others on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. When you share in this manner, the privacy practices of the social media platform control who has access to your information and how it is treated by the social media platform. Please consult the privacy policies of any social media platform to which you share information in this manner to learn about the social media platform’s data practices. Please note that information that cannot be linked back to you (such as aggregated data) is not considered personal information under this Policy.
Embedded Content From Other Websites.
What Data Is Collected?
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect may include the following:
Name and contact details: your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name, job title, and similar other contact data.
Credentials: user names and passwords for authentication and account access.
Demographic data: data that is statistically socio-economic, such as your gender and country of origin.
Device and Usage data: data about your device and how you and your device interact with MegayachtNews.com and our products. For example, we collect:
- Usage data: data regarding the web pages you visit; and
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data: data concerning your device and the web browser you use to access our products, including the IP address, geolocation, regional, and language settings; and
- Error reports and performance data: data about the performance of our products and any problems you experience with them. This helps us to diagnose problems in the products you use, and to improve our products and provide solutions.
Content: information on the content you engage with on our sites and via our marketing communications. This includes:
- The pages you visit
- How you interact with web pages
- The emails you open
- The emails you click on
- Emails that are sent but not delivered to you
- Emails that you unsubscribe from
Use of Information
Data is collected to enable us to constantly improve our service and products, while ensuring that you are only sent the information that you want. We also collect the information you agree to share with us such as feedback and market research, or questions and information you provide for customer support.
We may also use personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your account
- To enable you to participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the Services
- To fulfill orders you have placed
- To respond to customer service requests
- To send promotional messages and newsletters you request
- To target advertisements to you both on and off of our Services
- To analyze traffic and user activities on our Services, identifying popular areas or features, and optimizing and personalizing the Services
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop new content and features
- To protect the rights and property of RedHedInk and others, including detecting, investigating, and preventing fraud and other illegal activities, and to enforce our agreements.
Please also note that when you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Where websites have implemented Google Analytics with other Google Advertising products, like AdWords, additional advertising identifiers may be collected. Users can opt-out of this feature and manage their settings for this cookie by using the Ads Settings. For more information, please go to https://policies.google.com/technologies/types.
Google Analytics also collects Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give website owners a sense of which country, state, or city in the world their users come from (also known as “geolocation”). Google Analytics provides a method to mask IPs that are collected but website owners have access to their users’ IP addresses even if the website owners do not use Google Analytics.
We use data we collect from you through our interactions with you and through our products to tailor your advertising experience. For example:
- We may use your data to select and deliver some of the ads you see on our Website. We do so through Google Ad Manager, with Google Analytics. Please refer to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on how Google manages data in its ad products.
- We may share data we collect with third parties such as Facebook and LinkedIn, to enable us to deliver ads to you relating to MegayachtNews.com products or Services that you have previously engaged.
We store the personal information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. For example, if you register for an account with us, we will generally maintain the information in your user profile as long as needed to service your account. We may also retain personal information as required by law. Please note that if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely so that we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Protection of Data
RedHedInk uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. For example, our Website uses Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (“HTTPS”), the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and any website to which you connect. Using HTTPS means that all communications between your browser and our Website are automatically encrypted.
In addition, the Website is hosted on a private server rather than a shared commercial server, the latter being more common and more susceptible to common data breaches. RedHedInk also contracts with a web hosting company whose policy is to swiftly shut down the site’s server if necessary, for example, if a hacker succeeded in uploading a virus to infect the Website.
If a breach were to occur, RedHedInk would make reasonable efforts to notify all registered users affected by the event and provide information regarding what steps were taken to rectify the situation.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to any unrelated third parties unless we have your consent to do so, with the following exceptions:
- Service providers who provide services to us under a contract and are required to keep the personal information confidential, including but not limited to companies we hire to protect our systems and Services;
- If reasonably necessary to comply with an applicable law, regulation, or compulsory process (for example, to respond to a subpoena);
- To exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights;
- If we conclude your actions violate our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of RedHedInk or others;
- In connection with a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, provided that the receiving party agrees to protect personal information in accordance with the commitments of this policy and applicable law.
Our Website server is located within the United States, as are our third-party service providers and partners. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service, also located within the United States. Therefore, when we collect your personal information, everything that is processed takes place within the US.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only collect, store, or otherwise process your personal information in the following situations:
- When we have your consent to do so. For example, if you opt-in to receive promotional emails. You can withdraw your consent at any time as described below, or directly through the Services.
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products or Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to communicate with you about our Services; and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We are required by law to process the information.
Your Rights and Choices
If you have an account on this Website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Access and Deletion Requests
You can update, correct, or delete information we have about you or close your account by contacting us with the subject line “Privacy Rights.” When necessary to identify you, we may request that you give proof of your identity or require more information from you that is necessary to handle your request.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
You can use the “Help,” “Options,” or “Settings” sections of the tool bar on most browsers to change the settings on your device, for example, to notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. However, some of the features of our online Services may not work or may be more difficult to access if you refuse all cookies.
Questions or Complaints
Mailing address: 135 Minnisink Road, Totowa, NJ, 07512, USA
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (973) 826-7566