How many superyacht design studios have a partner with a background in finance, plus a keen eye for design? Harrison Eidsgaard does. This is just one part of the story behind the renowned studio, setting it apart from others in the industry. Of course, there’s more to Harrison Eidsgaard, too, which Ben Harrison (below right, with fellow directors Peder and Ewa Eidsgaard), one of the firm’s three directors, explains in this episode of Megayacht News Radio.
Harrison further discusses:
- “the Tango effect,” which is what happened after the Feadship Tango got a lot of people to sit up and take notice of the studio
- why the design team does, and doesn’t, have a signature style
- what it’s like working with creative, forward-thinking, customers—both owners and shipyards alike
- how technological advances have dramatically changed the design process, for the better
- and how the Harrison Eidsgaard team is working on a wide range of new designs, as large as 95 meters and as small as 7.5 meters.
You can also subscribe to Megayacht News Radio via Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, iHeartRadio Podcasts, MixCloud, PlayerFM or Spotify. As soon as each new episode releases, you’ll be the first to know, and listen.