Yacht photos are fine, but yacht videos are better. Why? They better capture the styling and performance of these magnificent machines, the way they were intended to be all along. In this edition of The Superyacht 6, we focus on six videos that do a great job of showcasing some of the most significant megayachts on the water today. Videos are listed in alphabetical order by yacht name.
1. Cakewalk. The largest yacht built in the United States in modern times never fails to impress. Neither does this footage of her launch from a year ago. The time-lapse footage of her emerging from the build shed is particularly cool… as is seeing her massive navigation mast being trucked to the dock.
2. Dubai. The second-largest megayacht in the world is rarely seen in comparison to most others. That alone makes this video notable But even better, the footage reveals how she dwarfs everything from cruise ships to famous architectural structures… even her tenders look like ants as they deploy.
3 Eclipse. How could we feature the second-largest megayacht in the world without also featuring the queen of them all? As the cruisers who shot this video put it, in a caption on the footage, “Now that’s MEGA.” Short but terrifically close-up, this video was shot from a sailboat. Note the dramatic sky, ideal for the footage.
4. Exuma. What else can we say except this is a spectacular yacht inside and out? We’ll let the video do the talking.
5. Mirabella V. There are several terrific videos of Mirabella V, including this insanely popular one on Megayacht News. But in the video below, you truly appreciate her majestic lines and performance in heavy air in Antigua.
6. Wally Power 118. Whether you love or loathe the ultra-modern styling of this yacht, you can’t ignore the creativity of her features. Don’t miss the hydraulically extending sea staircase… or, of course, the shots of her speeding along at 60 mph+.