March 17 marks the start of the annual Palm Beach International Boat Show. While it’s featured many megayachts in recent years, this year 30 additional slips, for extra-big megayachts, are being occupied.
Those slips are at Palm Harbor Marina. The facility has provided some of the exhibit space for the Palm Beach International Boat Show for several years. Last year, Palm Harbor Marina initiated a 1,000-foot expansion of its docks. That allowed it to augment its 200-yacht capacity.
The Palm Beach International Boat Show has earned a reputation as an easily accessible event. Ample parking and free waterfront access via your own boat are available. Bolstering access, a new valet parking service will be available at the northern entrance. It’s off Flagler Drive, near North Clematis Street. That entrance puts you in proximity to some of the biggest megayachts.
The 10 largest megayachts that will be at the Palm Beach International Boat Show are:
1. Solandge, by Lürssen, measuring 279 feet (85.1 meters)
2. Silver Fast, by Silver Yachts, measuring 253 feet (77 meters)
3. Northern Star, by Lürssen, measuring 247 feet (75.4 meters)
4. Martha Ann, by Lürssen, measuring 230 feet (70.2 meters)
5. Okto (above), by ISA Yachts, measuring 218 feet (66.4 meters)
6. Positive Carry, by Feadship, measuring 203 feet (62 meters)
7. Sealyon, by VSY, measuring 203 feet (61.8 meters)
8. Elandess, by Abeking & Rasmussen, measuring 197 feet (60 meters)
9. hull number T-062 (also known as Imagine), by Trinity Yachts, measuring 193 feet (59 meters)
10. Capri, by Lürssen, measuring 192 feet (58.55 meters)
Honorable mentions at #11: three-way tie among Serenity, by Heesen; the ice-class expedition yacht Steel, by Pendennis; and Step One, by Amels; all measuring 180 feet (55 meters).
Similar to other recent shows, the Palm Beach International Boat Show is offering VIP packages. Purchasing one provides access to a private dining area and a bar in a climate-controlled VIP tent at Palm Harbor Marina. The VIP packages also include invitation-only events.