Year after year, the Caribbean draws some of the biggest and most famous megayachts around for the winter season. In fact, a large number of them arrives in time to sing “Auld Lang Syne” on New Year’s Eve. We did a little superyacht sleuthing to see who’s who and who’s where in the islands right now. While many are dotting the waters of Antigua, the ever-popular St. Maarten, and the Virgin Islands, here are the biggest boats in St. Barths right now, a favorite among the celebrity set.
1. Eclipse. Seen just this past summer in Croatia and Montenegro, Eclipse is a regular when it comes to celebrating New Year’s Eve in the Caribbean. LOA: 533 feet (162.5 meters).
2. Rising Sun. LOA: 454 feet (138 meters). Rising Sun has visited sunny St. Barths often during the holidays. High-profile politicians and celebrities like President Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey have been spotted aboard there at holiday time, too.
3. Le Grand Bleu. Here’s yet another regular when it comes to the biggest boats in St. Barths for ringing in the New Year. This is at least the third year in a row that Le Grand Bleu is enjoying the tropical weather. LOA: 370 feet (112.8 meters).
4. Anna. There’s no mistaking Anna in the harbor, since an elliptical shape frames some of her windows along her sides. At 361 feet (110 meters), Anna is the biggest delivery to date from Feadship.
5. Andromeda. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, her previous name should: Ulysses. This is the explorer yacht built in Norway for New Zealand’s richest citizen, Graeme Hart. He sold the yacht in 2018. LOA: 351 feet (107 meters).
6. Symphony. Symphony (above) departed Mediterranean waters just last month to head to the Caribbean to welcome the new year and new decade. LOA: 333 feet (101.5 meters).