Love is a many splendored thing. All you need is love. And love is certainly in the air in the megayacht world. Just look at how many yachts are named after wives… and at our list of five valentine-themed superyachts. Well, they’re valentine-themed in the sense of being romantic expressions of the owners’ adoration for each other. Today is Valentine’s Day, after all, so it’s only appropriate that we follow up our previous rundown of love-themed superyachts with this new compilation. They simply add to the ever-growing list.
1. Amore Mio. Pictured above, this 148-foot (45-meter) Heesen has been in her owners’ hands since 2016. “Amore Mio” translates to “my love” from Italian. Fun fact: The yacht can top out at 30 knots.
2. Be Mine. Of all the love- and valentine-themed superyachts, Be Mine is the one whose name instantly reminds us of those heart-shaped hard candies with messages like “Kiss Me” and “Be My Love” on them. This Lürssen is from 1991, measuring 132 feet (40.35 meters).
3. Blind Date. Yet another Heesen build, this time from 2009, Blind Date conveys how her owners met. LOA: 153 feet (46.7 meters). Interestingly, the owners also had two same-named megayachts previously, buying the first in 2005.
4. Secret Love. The same owners have had this 120-footer (36.5-meter) for more than a decade. Their not-so-secret superyacht saw a refit at Dunya Yachts wrap up last year
5. Venus. The Roman goddess of love lends her name to this Feadship (above), commissioned by the late Steve Jobs. The 256’6” (78.2-meter) all-aluminum yacht remains one of the most inspiring custom projects to date. Jobs himself specified the upper-deck glass walls to be frameless.